Tuesday 17 December 2013

URBAN DECAY - Naked Basics


I'm so excited that Urban Decay has officially launched another beautiful palette, Naked 3!  Even though I absolutely adore shimmery shades, the Naked Basics has to be one of my favourite classics for me.


There are 6 different shades in Naked Basics, 5 matte and 1 fairly shimmery. I think that this palette is perfect for an everyday, neutral look. It kind of reminds me of the type of shades Lana Del Rey would use!




APPLICATION

What I love about Naked Basics the most is how creamy matte the texture of the eyeshadows are. It makes it much more easier to apply. The pigmentation of these shadows are AMAZING. Especially 'Crave' in particular. In photos and in person it can look quite black, although if you look up-close you can tell its actually a very dark, deep brown.

I tend to use Faint in my crease alot! It's a great colour combination with ANY matte neutral shade and looks absolutely gorgeous when blended with other shades. It can also be used on the brows without looking too harsh.

Foxy, W.O.S, and Naked 2 are all perfect shades to use as a base, I think they all work well with any skintone. I find that I love Walk Of Shame the most for a base colour as it really stands out.

Venus is the only shimmery shade in the whole palette. I always use it on my tear ducts, as do every other person I know who owns this palette. It's truly a great shade to use there as it doesn't fade, it's not too shimmery and gives your eyes overall a completely different look! I think it compliments every skin complexion.


PACKAGING

The packaging is perfect! It's much much smaller than the usual Naked palette's and can fit in my make-up bag just right. It also comes with a little mirror so it makes everything much easier when touching-up.



LASTING/DURATION

Urban Decay eyeshadows last a great time on the eyes when its paired with a great primer, and I'd give Naked Basics an 8/10 for how long it stays put. The reason why I'd say that is because I tend to reply often throughout the day, as well as having a bit of creasing. Other than that it's a lovely product.


NEGATIVES

The only thing I do not like about this palette is that Foxy is already included in the Naked 2 palette! I think it would've been better if they came up with a new shade.



Thanks for reading everyone, tell me what you think below and what you think of Naked 3!
  xx

6 comments:

  1. I love Naked Basics and how the Venus can be used as a highlighter

    http://nuttamae.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I'm so jelly!!
    really want to try out urban decay but they dont sell it in my country ╥﹏╥
    nice review~
    please check out my blog maybe?
    charrmyn.blogspot.com
    xx Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urban decay make up is one of the best make up I have ever found.I recommend it fully as I love the colors, the packaging and the products really works wonders on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My most fav brand! Been using the all nighter foundation for about two years now and honestly it’s my favorite foundation. I get sooo many compliments from people when I have this foundation on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best post I’ve read this year. And why have I not found your blog earlier? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such an informative post… How you do that?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I really appreciate them! Leave your links and I would be happy to have a look.
Thank You xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...